MMA Factory is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act as well as other applicable legislation.
MMA Factory needs to collect certain personal information in order to properly carry out its functions and activities. The types of information that the Company collects will depend on the circumstances of the individual’s involvement or contact with the Company.
Collection of personal information and how we collect it
In order to provide services to you, we may ask for personal information such as your name, address, telephone number or email address. The personal information we collect about you depends on the dealings you have with us. Personal Information includes information about an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
Examples of where we may collect personal information include, but are not limited to, when you make an instore or online purchase, put goods on hold, provide details to join our mailing lists or databases, provide information via social media pages, enter a competition, sign up as a member, send us an enquiry or provide us with feedback.
Generally, you have no obligation to provide any information requested byMMA Factory. If you choose to withhold requested information however, we may not be able to provide you with the service you require should that depend on the collection of that information, particularly if the collection of that information is required by law.
Collection of personal information through Websites, Social Media and Apps
Information is automatically collected through your use of the MMA Factory websites, Affiliates’ websites, social media and apps, through cookies or by other electronic means. Cookies are small text files that websites or apps may place on your computer or device, and are used to recognise repeat users of websites and remember user preferences.
We may collect this information both anonymously and in relation to personal user accounts. Cookies may also be used to allow the website to track usage behaviour and aggregate data to allow MMA Factory to customise a user's experience on their websites. This information is used and disclosed by the MMA Factory for purposes including statistical analysis, and to assistMMA Factory to improve the functionality and usability of the website and our apps.
Purpose of collection of your personal information
The main purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information are:
- to deliver any of the customer relationship management systems
- to create orders
- answering queries, resolving complaints and responding to social media
- to provide you with services you have requested from us
- promoting MMA Factory including through direct marketing, events and competitions, public relations and social media
- performing research and statistical analysis
- helping us tailor existing or develop new products, services or offers,
- protecting the security of our store, team members, customers, suppliers and merchandise (including fraud prevention)
- requirements under law or regulations, or for other purposes explained at the time of collection
- recruiting team members and contractors
Direct marketing and opting out
To be added to our email list, you will need to 'opt in' to this and provide your email address and contact details to MMA Factory
You can opt out from receiving our marketing communications at any time by:
- using the unsubscribe facility that we include in our electronic messages to opt out of receiving those messages.
- by speaking to our Customer Support team by phone on (02) 9729 1170
- by writing to MMA Factory 4/1345, The Horsley Drive, Wetheril Park, Sydney 2164. NSW Australia
- contacting via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharing of personal information
We may share your personal information with third parties where appropriate for the purposes set out above, including:
- financial institutions for payment processing
- regulatory, investigative or government bodies to comply with laws and regulations
- MMA Factory's contracted service providers or partners, including: overseas and local agents, delivery and shipping providers, information technology service providers, , marketing and communications agencies, research and statistical analysis providers, hard copy and electronic mail houses, manufacturers and suppliers, external business advisers (eg auditors and lawyers).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties and service providers located overseas in connection with a purpose. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
We may disclose your personal information to the following locations:
- each country which you nominate as a delivery address – for order fulfilment (if not within Australia), if you have ordered products from our online store and require delivery to an address in a foreign country.
- to overseas recipients or jurisdictions depending on the nature of the services those recipients provide to MMA Factory (for example storing data via a cloud service, or servers located overseas)
Access to, and correction of, personal information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that all information we hold is as accurate as is possible. You are able to contact us at any time and ask for its correction if you feel the information we have about you is inaccurate or incomplete.
We will provide you with access to your personal information within 30 days, subject to some exceptions permitted by law. We will provide access in the manner that you have requested provided it is reasonable and practicable for us to do so. A fee may be charged to cover our reasonable costs of locating the information and providing it to you.
Where you ask us to correct personal information that we hold about you, or if we are satisfied that the personal information we hold is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, or irrelevant, we will take reasonable steps to correct that information to ensure that the information is accurate, up-to-date, and not misleading. If we correct personal information about you, and we have previously disclosed that information to another agency or organisation that is subject to the Privacy Act, you may ask us to notify that other entity. If so, we will take reasonable steps to do so, unless this would be impracticable or unlawful.
Please contact our Customer Support team on (02) 9729 1170, if you would like to access or to correct the personal information that we hold about you. We may ask you to verify your identity before processing any access or correction requests to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is properly protected.
Security of Personal Information
MMA factory takes measures to ensure your personal information is protected from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, disclosure or alteration. This includes protection measures, security restrictions on access to MMA Factory’s computer systems, controlled access to MMA Factory’s corporate premises, policies on document storage and security, and workplace policies. Information is stored in different ways, including in paper and electronic form.
We take reasonable steps to:
- ensure access to and use of personal information within MMA Factory is appropriately limited to prevent misuse or unlawful disclosure of information.
- ensure that the personal information that we use and disclose is accurate, up to date and complete;
- destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer needed for purposes permitted by the Australian Privacy Principles.
- ensure that in instances where other organisations provide support and or services,MMA Factory requires them to appropriately safeguard the privacy of the information provided to them.
We endeavour to protect the personal information of users of our website, however, we cannot guarantee the security of information you disclose online - you disclose that information at your own risk.
If you are concerned about sending your information over the internet, you can contact MMA Factory on (02) 9729 1170. If you become aware of any security breach, please let us know as soon as possible.
Third Party Website
MMA Factory websites may contain links to websites operated by third parties. MMA Factory is not responsible for the content, privacy or security practices of those sites. Third party websites should have their own privacy policies which we encourage you to read before supplying any personal information.
All complaints received by MMA Factory will be handled in a fair, confidential, and timely manner. We will respond to you by your preferred contact method if you have indicated one.
Further information about the Privacy law and the Australian Privacy Principles is available from the Office of the Australian Information Privacy Commissioner’s website www.oaic.gov.au or on 1300 363 992.